Updating kitchen cabinets with moulding

Rated 3.99/5 based on 592 customer reviews

We cleaned them up and caulked around the outside edges of the trim for a seamless transition. We used Kilz primer, which is so rough that it needed to be sanded lightly afterwards, but it seemed to provide a really strong base coat.Look at my busy worker bees 🙂 This was about as far as we got with my family, but we had made HUGE progress and I was ecstatic!The super nice people at the hardware store ripped down my plywood for me.

But I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the dated 50’s cabinetry.We figured out that you should cut multiples at once to save time & ensure perfectly even cuts.I didn’t bother with mitered corners because I knew you wouldn’t be able to tell after they were sanded, primed, and painted.Before painting the doors, I pre-drilled holes for the hardware.Adding the trim to the doors covered up the old holes for the knobs, but I wanted to change their location anyways. But then immediately after I painted them, the numbers were not just visible, but raised.

Leave a Reply